Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend Box Office

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
No, that's not a picture of Nicole Kidman standing in the unemployment line. Though anything is possible after the dismal numbers for her new movie, The Invasion, this weekend. The 100 million dollar flick only raked in about 6 million over the weekend, which was even less than I had thought it might. Overall buzz and early reviews were pretty negative, so I guess it's no big surprise.

The comedy Superbad, on the other hand managed to net a solid 31 Million at the box office, scoring itself the top spot. Let's see who looks happier after the weekend numbers...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is a rundown of the top 10:

1. Superbad - 31.2M
2. Rush Hour 3 - 21.8M
3. The Bourne Ultimatum - 19M
4. The Simpsons Movie - 6.7M
5. The Invasion - 6M
6. Stardust - 5.2M
7. Hairspray - 4.3M
8. Underdog - 3.6M
9. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - 3.5M
10. I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry - 3.5M

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Central California and have a career in graphic design. I also do part time stand-up comedy and like to play music in my spare time.