Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend Box Office 8/27/07

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This weekend was a pretty uneventful one at the box office. The top 3 movies remained pretty much the same, with Bourne Ultimatum getting the number 2 spot back from Rush Hour 3. The only surprise this weekend was that of all the new releases, Mr. Bean's Holiday did the best. I was thinking the new movie War, with Jet Li and Jason Statham, was going to do better, but I guess not. The other new release, The Nanny Diaries, starring Scarlett Johansson, managed a mere 7.8 million. Next week should prove more exciting with Halloween, Balls of Fury, and Death Sentence opening.

Here is a rundown of the top 10:

1. Superbad - 18M
2. The Bourne Ultimatum – 12.4M
3. Rush Hour 3 – 12.3M
4. Mr. Bean’s Holiday – 10.1M
5. War - 10M
6. The Nanny Diaries – 7.8M
7. The Simpsons Movie – 4.4M
8. Stardust - 4M
9. Hairspray – 3.5M
10. The Invasion – 3.1M

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Central California and have a career in graphic design. I also do part time stand-up comedy and like to play music in my spare time.