Monday, August 27, 2007

Song Of The Week

Well, I’m back from my vacation in Vegas this past week. Sorry there haven’t been any updates since then, I’ll try to catch up the next few days. I'm going to try and start posting a song every week that I think is worth checking out.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
While I was at a mall in Vegas I happened to hear a song playing at Urban Outfitters that caught my attention. I couldn’t tell who it was, and I, for once was interested enough to ask someone who worked there. They asked over the walkie who it was and found out it was The Chemical Brothers. I had listened to their new CD, We are the Night, somewhat recently and wasn’t that into it. So I was surprised that I liked this song so much. My girlfriend and I speculated that the singer sounded a lot like the singer from the band Midlake. I assumed that maybe the singer was a guest on the album. Sure enough, when I got back home and looked it up that was the case. I downloaded the CD, and while I’m still not that into the rest so far, the one song is great.

Here is the song on youtube of all things. Sorry if the quality isn't great, but if you like it download it!


Also if you haven’t already, check out Midlake’s “The Trials of Van Occupanther”, it’s one of my recent favorites.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Central California and have a career in graphic design. I also do part time stand-up comedy and like to play music in my spare time.