Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Dexter Season 2 Marketing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
In celebration of the new season of Dexter starting in September on Showtime, there is an awesome new viral marketing tactic they're using over at www.icetruck.tv It's a site that allows you to send a friend a cryptic video showing them as a next possible victim in a killing spree. It's incredibly inventive and it appears that this is the type of marketing were bound to see a lot more of in the future. It was already used incredibly well last month for the new Batman film, The Dark Knight. Go here to read all about that one http://www.moviesnobs.net/the-%20dark-knight-viral-marketing/

If you haven't yet checked out the best new show of last year, get the first season of Dexter on DVD August 21st
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The specialized ice truck killer email was definitely cool. Hopefully more studios will catch on to the innovative "viral marketing techniques". It would definitely make me more tolerant to annoying studio promotions if they were somewhat entertaining and possibly intriguing.

Calamity Janie said...

Hey Dane, I noticed on this Ice Truck thing that it had a sidebar announcing, "Dexter starts July 10 on FX." Is that just a fake too? Or did I completely miss something? Or do they mean July 10, 2008? I'm confused!
I agree with Nicole. It definitely brought me to the site. I just wish I didn't have to sit thru it every time in order to forward it to someone, but maybe that's the point. (It's Jane here)

Dane said...

I don't know about the July 10th thing. Since it's on Showtime normally, I think it's wrong. Unless they're rerunning old episodes on FX, which I doubt. I guess we'll see.

Anonymous said...

Online Advertising Information The Most Powerful Online Advertising Information Website on the Web!!

About Me

My photo
I live in Central California and have a career in graphic design. I also do part time stand-up comedy and like to play music in my spare time.