Thursday, December 6, 2007

Where in the world is Osama Bin Laden?



News surfaced recently of a new documentary by Morgan Spurlock entitled "Where In The World is Osama Bin Laden?", in which Spurlock attempts to locate the world's most wanted fugitive. Word is that he's apparently found something worthwhile, and some are speculating he actually did what the U.S. government couldn't and actually tracked down the Al Qaeda leader. The film which screened only 15 minutes for potential buyers at the Berlin Film Festival, was quickly snatched by The Weinsteins for 25 million. This leads me to believe that they witness some pretty juicy material to pony up that much cash. On the other hand, I can't really imagine he did, in fact, find Bin Laden, as he would surely be crucified for not immediately disclosing the info to the government so they could capture him. But whatever he found, I'm very curious to see what it is. The film’s cinematographer Daniel Marricone refers to footage they captured as “the holy grail.” We'll have to see how it all plays out once it premieres at Sundance next month. If the buzz continues to gain momentum, this film could easily catapult Spurlock into the national spotlight and make him the most commercially successful documentarian since Michael Moore.
More on this story as it develops. (oooooh, I feel like a fancy news reporter!)

I'd recommend checking out Morgan Spurlock's other hit documentary, "Super Size Me", and FX series "30 Days" now on DVD. Both are very entertaining and thought-provoking looks at the world we live in.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Central California and have a career in graphic design. I also do part time stand-up comedy and like to play music in my spare time.