Sunday, November 4, 2007

Southland Tales



I finally caught the trailer for the movie Southland Tales directed by Richard Kelley, who's last movie was the cult favorite Donnie Darko. I enjoyed Donnie Darko for the most part, but this new film has me slightly perplexed. I can't imagine why a movie that looks this interesting would be sprinkled with a cast I wouldn't trust with a Swiffer commercial. You have: Duane "The Rock" Johnson (can act?), Seann William Scott (still working?), Sarah Michelle Gellar (boring), Mandy Moore (?), and Justin Timberlake (shotgun in mouth). Then I watch the trailer and it looks like an SNL reunion with more than a few alumni from the comedy show. Which makes me wonder if the strange casting is on purpose and Kelley has something else up his sleeve. I guess we'll see. But after this trailer, I'm at least intrigued. Check it out here.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Central California and have a career in graphic design. I also do part time stand-up comedy and like to play music in my spare time.