Sunday, September 2, 2007

Shoot Em' Up Marketing

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A new site went up recently as a marketing ploy for the new action movie "Shoot Em' Up", starring Clive Owen and Paul Giamatti. The site called bulletproofbaby.net, is apparently a mock site for baby riot gear. It's interesting, though I'm not yet sure what it really has to do with the movie itself, I'll have to see the movie first I guess. Maybe they're trying to jump on the viral marketing bandwagon, similar to recent sites created for the new Batman movie and the Showtime series Dexter.

If that doesn't interest you though, the official "Shoot Em' Up" site should. Do take a look there at the restricted trailer that shows much more violence than a normal trailer can. I'm quite excited to check out this new flick which opens this Friday.

1 comment:

Calamity Janie said...

Dane, I read a lot of reviews about this movie and it seems like generally people have enjoyed its weirdness and its twisted plot. But last wkend I met three people who actually left the theater less than an hour into it. All they could say to me was that it was "gratuitous sex and violence" which doesn't say a thing to me since "Pulp Fiction" is one of my favorite movies. Still, I think I'll wait for the DVD release so I can puke in my own toilet if I have to.

About Me

My photo
I live in Central California and have a career in graphic design. I also do part time stand-up comedy and like to play music in my spare time.