Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger 1979-2008

Photobucket
Very shocking and sad news today as Academy Award nominated actor Heath Ledger was found dead in his New York apartment at the age of 28. It's not entirely clear as to the cause of death at this time.
Photobucket

Ledger has most recently co-starred in "I'm Not There", along with a handful of other actors/actresses portraying Bob Dylan in different stages of his life.

Photobucket


I had been very excited to see Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker in this summer's "The Dark Knight". Judging from the trailer, it looks to be an outstanding performance. Most of the film has been finished with only some post production remaining, though it's hard to tell how this will affect the movie if any re-shoots are required.

Ledger was also filming a new movie with director Terry Gilliam and it's unknown at this point how that film will be affected.


For more detailed information on this story, read the New York Times article here. My condolences go out to his friends and family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...sad

About Me

My photo
I live in Central California and have a career in graphic design. I also do part time stand-up comedy and like to play music in my spare time.