Thursday, February 15, 2007

Smokin' Aces Poster

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a movie poster design I created for the movie Smokin' Aces , which was released last month in theaters. I entered it in a contest on the director, Joe Carnahan's website. I wound up winning for my design, and while it won't be used in any of the actual advertising for the movie, I was still proud to have been chosen for the best submission.

Here are some of the things that director Joe Carnahan had to say about my poster before selecting the winner.

"I don't know what to say about this one. It just kicked me in the teeth
in the best way. Graphically it's fantastic and you get a strong sense
of what the movie is all about. I think this is something that Universal
probably would've jumped at. An incredibly strong entry from young
Dane."

And he had even more nice things to say once he announced myself as the winner.

"I knew before I posted them which one I felt the most strongly about and

it was Dane's poster. It just has a quality to it that draws your eye in a
pretty incredible way. I can't take anything away from Matthew Cook's
and Hunter Cray's work because they're both outstanding in their own
right, but the one that really grabbed my attention and kept it, was Dane's.
It's very simple, but if you look at his composition and where he chose
to place the characters and the graphics, it's fu%king spot on. Wonderful
work Dane. I showed all three around the office as well as got a similar
reaction"

For more, go here:
http://smokinjoecarnahan.com/2007/01/the_dane_forst_poster.php#comments


And Here: http://smokinjoecarnahan.com/2007/01/and_the_winner_isdane_forst.php#comments

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Central California and have a career in graphic design. I also do part time stand-up comedy and like to play music in my spare time.